- Our Privacy Pledge.
- Advertising and Analytics Services
KHOMBA SOLUTIONS (PTY) LTD
BENTLEY OFFICE PARK
CORNER BEVAN AND WESSEL RD RIVONIA
Effective Date: 1 February 2020
Advertising is a core part of the Khomba Solutions business. Many of our mobile application technologies are supported by the ads we and others display. We provide a variety of online advertising services to other companies that want to place ads on our Services. We display ads, also known as graphical ads, which appear as images, animation, or video. Khomba Solutions advertising platforms provide the means for advertisers, agencies, publishers, and ad networks to manage their advertising business.
DIRECTORS: Rikesh Sewgoolam; Johannes Engelbrecht; Tiaan Jonker; Arilia du Plessis; Bouwer van Niekerk; Jacques Marais; Rachelle Freed; Ravika Sukdeo; Peto Milton
SENIOR ASSOCIATE: Elleana Myburgh ASSOCIATE: Marnelize Olivier.
JUNIOR ASSOCIATES: Lizanne Fourie; Chantelle van der Schyff; Ashley Seckel; Anél Coetzee; Danielle de Kock ALSO AT Cape Town
IN ASSOCIATION WITH: Schoerie & Sewgoolam Inc – Pietermaritzburg
PROUDLY LEVEL 2 BBBEE- QSE Codes gazetted on 6 May 2015
5 March 2020
Advertising networks may collect and use data they receive about you to help show ads for products or services that you are more likely to be interested in to make the advertising more useful and effective. By installing and launching our application you understand and consent to our use of data as defined in our Policy.
Our Privacy Pledge
Khomba Solutions is committed to put users first. We strive to be transparent about how we collect and use information from our users, to keep the information we collect secure, and to provide users meaningful choices. Khomba Solutions will always intentionally avoid collecting data that identifies specific individuals (such as name, surname, email address, physical address, GPS or phone number) to the extent possible. Khomba Solutions will ensure that it maintains safe and consistent practices related to Data Protection and regarding your data and privacy.
Collection of Information
We collect the following types of information when you interact with our Services:
When you interact with our Services, we collect and identify your device primarily using your mobile device advertising identifier, e.g. Apple’s iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) or Google’s Android Advertising ID, as well as other identifiers.
- User NamesIf you would like to participate in our subscriptions, keep track of your routes or make full use of the services, you will be required to provide a username. To help protect your privacy, please do not choose a username which could be used to personally identify you, e.g. “JimSmith” or “Jsmith”.
- Other Information You Provide to UsWe collect the information that you provide to us, for example when you communicate with others or post, use messenger or chat services, upload or store content, contact our Technical Support team, or provide billing information.
- Log InformationWe automatically collect information about your use of our Services and your device, including your IP Address, device model, browser version, operating system type, operating system version, mobile network information, device settings, and software data.
- Location InformationWe derive information about your general location (city, country) from your IP Address. Khomba Solutions does not collect precise location data, such as GPS coordinates, that could be used to pinpoint your physical location.
- Information from Cookies and Other TechnologiesWe collect information using web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, count visits, and understand how users interact with ads. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that are targeted toward your interests;
- Save and associate your activity across our Services and your different devices as well as associate any accounts you may use across Khomba Solutions Services together. We may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID;
- Carry out or support promotions;
- Create analytics and reports for external parties, including partners, publishers, advertisers, apps, third-parties and the public regarding the use of and trends within our Services and ads, including showing trends to partners regarding general preferences, the effectiveness of ads and information on user experiences; and
- Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activitySharing of InformationWe share the information we collect within the Khomba Solutions family of brands. We do NOT sell, license or share information that individually identifies our users with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Khomba Solutions unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With Affiliated Brands. Khomba Solutions shares information within its affiliated brands.
- With Your Consent. We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of
Khomba Solutions when we have your consent to do so.
- With Service Providers. We provide user information to trusted partners who work on our behalf based on our instructions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality measures.
- For Legal and Other Purposes. We may access, preserve, and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of our Terms and Conditions; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of Khomba Solutions, its users, or the public; (v) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (vi) as otherwise required by law.
- New Ownership. If the ownership or control of all or part of Khomba Solutions or specific Services changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.Data RetentionWe store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.Protecting Children’s PrivacyOur Services are intended for use by children. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you may use Khomba Solutions only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. With this intention, parents and/or guardians must provide consent to children when using the Services. Khomba Solutions does not take responsibility for the usage by children/minors of the Services.
Khomba Solutions is based in the Republic of South Africa and we process and store information in the Republic of South Africa. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.