KHOMBA SOLUTIONS (PTY) LTD
BENTLEY OFFICE PARK
CORNER BEVAN AND WESSEL RD RIVONIA
Effective Date: 1 February 2020
Advertising is a core part of the Khomba Solutions business. Many of our mobile application technologies are supported by the ads we and others display. We provide a variety of online advertising services to other companies that want to place ads on our Services. We display ads, also known as graphical ads, which appear as images, animation, or video. Khomba Solutions advertising platforms provide the means for advertisers, agencies, publishers, and ad networks to manage their advertising business.
DIRECTORS: Rikesh Sewgoolam; Johannes Engelbrecht; Tiaan Jonker; Arilia du Plessis; Bouwer van Niekerk; Jacques Marais; Rachelle Freed; Ravika Sukdeo; Peto Milton
SENIOR ASSOCIATE: Elleana Myburgh ASSOCIATE: Marnelize Olivier.
JUNIOR ASSOCIATES: Lizanne Fourie; Chantelle van der Schyff; Ashley Seckel; Anél Coetzee; Danielle de Kock ALSO AT Cape Town
IN ASSOCIATION WITH: Schoerie & Sewgoolam Inc – Pietermaritzburg
PROUDLY LEVEL 2 BBBEE- QSE Codes gazetted on 6 May 2015
5 March 2020
Advertising networks may collect and use data they receive about you to help show ads for products or services that you are more likely to be interested in to make the advertising more useful and effective. By installing and launching our application you understand and consent to our use of data as defined in our Policy.
Our Privacy Pledge
Khomba Solutions is committed to put users first. We strive to be transparent about how we collect and use information from our users, to keep the information we collect secure, and to provide users meaningful choices. Khomba Solutions will always intentionally avoid collecting data that identifies specific individuals (such as name, surname, email address, physical address, GPS or phone number) to the extent possible. Khomba Solutions will ensure that it maintains safe and consistent practices related to Data Protection and regarding your data and privacy.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
0.1. Email address
0.2. First name and last name
0.3. Phone number
0.4. Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
0.5. Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Location Data – Khomba
To participate as Khombadriver, you must permit the Khomba Services to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“Platform”) or browser. We may collect the precise location of your device when the Khomba app is running in the foreground or background of your device. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address. We use your location information to verify that you are present in your preferred region or city when you begin or engage in a delivery through the Khomba Solutions (a “Delivery”), connect you with delivery opportunities in your zone, and track the progress and completion of your Deliveries. You can enable the location tracking feature through the settings on your device or Platform or when prompted by the Khomba mobile app. If you choose to disable the location feature through the settings on your device or Platform, Khomba Solutions will not receive precise location information from your device, which will prevent you from being able to Trip and receiving delivery opportunities in your area.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
4.1. Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
4.2. Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
4.3. Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
4.4. Advertising Cookies: Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
While using our Service, we may also collect the following information: sex, age, date of birth, place of birth, passport details, citizenship, registration at place of residence and actual address, telephone number (work, mobile), details of documents on education, qualification, professional training, employment agreements, non-disclosure agreements, information on bonuses and compensation, information on marital status, family members, social security (or other taxpayer identification) number, office location and other data.
When you interact with our Services, we collect and identify your device primarily using your mobile device advertising identifier, e.g. Apple’s iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) or Google’s Android Advertising ID, as well as other identifiers.
- User NamesIf you would like to participate in our subscriptions, keep track of your routes or make full use of the services, you will be required to provide a username. To help protect your privacy, please do not choose a username which could be used to personally identify you, e.g. “JimSmith” or “Jsmith”.
- Other Information You Provide to UsWe collect the information that you provide to us, for example when you communicate with others or post, use messenger or chat services, upload or store content, contact our Technical Support team, or provide billing information.
- Log InformationWe automatically collect information about your use of our Services and your device, including your IP Address, device model, browser version, operating system type, operating system version, mobile network information, device settings, and software data.
- Location InformationWe derive information about your general location (city, country) from your IP Address. Khomba Solutions does not collect precise location data, such as GPS coordinates, that could be used to pinpoint your physical location.
- Information from Cookies and Other TechnologiesWe collect information using web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, count visits, and understand how users interact with ads. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that are targeted toward your interests;
- Save and associate your activity across our Services and your different devices as well as associate any accounts you may use across Khomba Solutions Services together. We may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID;
- Carry out or support promotions;
- Create analytics and reports for external parties, including partners, publishers, advertisers, apps, third-parties and the public regarding the use of and trends within our Services and ads, including showing trends to partners regarding general preferences, the effectiveness of ads and information on user experiences; and
- Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activitySharing of InformationWe share the information we collect within the Khomba Solutions family of brands. We do NOT sell, license or share information that individually identifies our users with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Khomba Solutions unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With Affiliated Brands. Khomba Solutions shares information within its affiliated brands.
- With Your Consent. We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of
Use of Data
Khomba Solutions uses the collected data for various purposes:
0.1. to provide and maintain our Service;
0.2. to notify you about changes to our Service;
0.3. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
0.4. to provide customer support;
0.5. to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
0.6. to monitor the usage of our Service;
0.7. to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
0.8. to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
0.9. to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
0.10. to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
0.11. to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
0.12. in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
0.13. for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States, Puerto Rico and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States, Puerto Rico and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
0.1. Disclosure for Law Enforcement.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities.
0.2. Business Transaction.
If we or our subsidiaries are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Data may be transferred.
0.3. Other cases. We may disclose your information also:
0.3.1. to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
0.3.2. to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
0.3.3. to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
0.3.4. for the purpose of including your company’s logo on our website;
0.3.5. for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
0.3.6. with your consent in any other cases;
0.3.7. if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We may use third-party Service Providers to automate the development process of our Service.
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
We may provide paid products and/or services within Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 18. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Khomba Solutions when we have your consent to do so.
- With Service Providers. We provide user information to trusted partners who work on our behalf based on our instructions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality measures.
- For Legal and Other Purposes. We may access, preserve, and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of our Terms and Conditions; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of Khomba Solutions, its users, or the public; (v) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (vi) as otherwise required by law.
Khomba Solutions, https://khomba.africa, firstname.lastname@example.org, Khomba